So what is CRYOTHERAPY all about?
Cryotherapy can be an effective treatment for conditions such as:
- Back pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Depression & Anxiety
- Atopic Dermatitis
HOW CRYOTHERAPY WORKS:
Cryotherapy is the application of extreme cold, also know as "cold therapy". Thankfully, the days of ice baths are over! Using our cutting edge Cryosauna we are able to provide maximum results with minimal treatment time. The cryo sauna quickly and efficiently lowers temperature using a “dry ice” environment where nitrogen gas at -180 to -264 degrees Fahrenheit envelops the body. Your skin will be lowered to temperatures between 32 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
When your skin temperature drops, your body is triggered into "survival mode". This puts several mechanisms into action:
- Endorphins, adrenaline and noradrenaline are released, improving mood. Lowering tissue temperature slows down what scientists call ‘secondary injury’, the blood collecting in tissues. It can limit the amount of bleeding and may help with bruising.
- Sudden cold therapy triggers rapid circulation of the bodies blood flow. Your blood is pulled inwards to protect your vital organs and when you exit the chamber, your body sends your ‘super charged’ or oxygenated blood back outwards towards your extremities again, providing an improved state of healing and recovery.
- Capillaries expand up to four times the normal amount. This enables white blood cells to access and heal injuries faster. Regular extreme cold exposure promotes increased concentrations of cytokines in peripheral blood, providing a local and systemic anti-inflammatory effect and also relief from itching.
THE TREATMENT ITSELF:
Before entering the cryo chamber, you will be asked to remove all clothing (except underwear) and you'll be given mittens, socks and shoes to protect your extremities. The chamber cannot be locked and your head is always above the enclosed part of the chamber. A trained Cryo Myst technician monitors you for the whole three minute treatment.
After the treatment, we encourage you to enjoy complimentary oxygen therapy in our Cryo Lounge and ride the stationary bike; engaging in moderate cardiovascular exercise stimulates blood flow and enhances the treatment.
- One 3 minute treatment delivers the equivalent inflammation reduction of aone hour full body ice bath.
- Muscle soreness, fatigue, stiffness and joint pain are alleviated thereby increasing mobility
- After a treatment, clients generally experience a deep, sound sleep as the body has been required to do "extra work".
- Your body works extremley hard to try and regulate your core temperature during the treament, which encourages a metabolism boost and can burn up to 800 calories per session!
- The treatment can enhance mood by helping combat depression, anxiety, and alleviating stress.